1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, that's a bummer

Discussion in 'Announcements and News' started by Nik, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Nik

Nik Administrator
    Staff Member Admin

Currently we are at a difficult situation. While we do continue updating the server and its nearly playable now, we are confronted with the biggest problem - future versions:

As you can see here on this video, level 1-85 has been totally removed and the game feels more like a highly customized private pvp server than what Lineage II spiritually is.
    I do not think people are going to like this new gameplay, especially when they are coming from Interlude/HighFive versions, this will be like totally new game to them.

Currently we are discussing with the development team if we should continue working on GOD+ versions or move to Classic versions. For one I am sure, and it is that L2World players would enjoy more the classic approach rather than the unknown gameplay GOD+ offers.

2. Ackmard

Ackmard New Member

I've been playing in the official European server and I've never seen anything like that, are you sure it's official?

3. Nik

Nik Administrator
    Staff Member Admin

Its the new upcoming update for the next year.

4. Furya

Furya New Member

Just keep server on helios patch or Infinite Odyssey, underground perfect one and then if it works well you can try updating bit by bit

5. Nik

Nik Administrator
    Staff Member Admin

Still its not decided what version we are going to continue, but take note that I tried playing those patches for over two years, and all the time I was just hoping things get better with newer updates, but they don't. Also I do not like to stall at one version, like Interlude or H5 are...

6. Ackmard

Ackmard New Member

The video is from February and the channel definitely doesn't look reliable as an official source, you can clearly see in the video that he does gain EXP but his level is infinite and that doesn't make any sense at all IF they remove level system why keep the EXP system?! I really believe it's just a private Asian server(not sure which country exactly, also disabled comments seems kinda suspicious) . In my opinion, i don't think they'll ever do something like that, removing the leveling system will ruin the game and it won't be an RPG anymore. I suggest to start with Grand Crusade as planned(if you want of course) and then we'll see about feature updates. I really appreciate the work you guys have done so far and i understand your concerns. At the end of the it's up to you to decide.

7. Nik

Nik Administrator
    Staff Member Admin

You got this wrong... its like that until level 85. You go with infinite level and do 1 instance and then in the end you get enough exp for lvl 85.

8. wildemo

wildemo New Member

I thing it's perfectly normal to destroy everything till awake :)))) Simple reason is they made classic and ppl who want to play old style game will GO Classic,not GRAND CRUSADE :)
    +1 for classic soon in Anthras update (including Goddard) Game will be really AMAZING!

9. Davi

Davi New Member

On Salvation *new update* you will be able to choose normal way of lvling 1-85 or with premium account you will be able to do 00-85 in 15 min of quests. (old way will be like now)