1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd & 3rd class skills and Awakening class.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Davi, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Davi

Davi New Member

Well I want to make a question about 2nd and 3rd class skills. Since I read things are official like, when you will awake you will be able to keep old skills? If so if I change class with chaos essence I will be able to still keep those skills? for example. I am Hell Knight (3rd class) Awake to Sigel Hell Knight and keep Reflect Damage Lv3 (Dark Avenger 2nd class skill) then I use Chaos Essence and change to Sigel Shilen Templar and still have Reflect Damage Lv3 . Will be this future available here also?

2. Nik

Nik Administrator
    Staff Member Admin

No... Chaos Essence was presented in retail after all classes were combined into 1 main (Yul for Archers, Othel for daggers, Sigel for tanks, etc) and then split into old classes again (Sigel split to DA, TK, ST, PK...) so people could chose what class they wanted to be regardless of race.
    I don't think we have the support for retail-like chaos essence which keeps your race base stats and skills, but gives you some other class. Also I don't think its fair to the gameplay.
    What I am considering though, is that when you awaken, certain skills get replaced when you learn their awaken counteractive. For example, in retail I am Dreadnought, but didn't learn Berserk skill (Something like zealot/frenzy) because I want to keep my Thrill Fight and Focus Attack skills. If I learn it, those skills are gone, If I don't, I keep those skills... I am thinking maybe leave an option where you can unlearn such skills and get your old skills back, as if you haven't learned that skill, because in retail, once learned, you can't go back...

3. Nightsroud

Nightsroud New Member

Well, I wouldn't have a problem seeing a dwarf titan tbh ... The only thing that bothered me was the Stone of Destiny .. So, I wouldn't mind if Chaos Essence was rewarded on Awakening and have an expiration date ... Let's say, 15 days ?
    As for skills I'll vote for retail-like all the way ... I don't want ppl going back and forth with pre-awakening skills and awakening ones whenever they feel like it ... If a Tyrr Duelist wants to keep "Duelist Spirit" then be my guest... But, once they trade it for "Berserker" then, that's it ... No turning back ... It would be unfair for classes, that don't have a skill worth it to do that .. Also, I hope, even though that I'm not a summoner, these classes keep their pre-awakening summons as it is on retail ... I think that's doable, isn't it ?

4. Davi

Davi New Member

If the server gonna be a mid rate server better do not use this future to be able to remember an old skill. If you learned the awakening skill it will be your problem. if you want the old skill just remake toon! I did that on official twice.

5. Nik

Nik Administrator
    Staff Member Admin

Well I was planning to make it for huge adena price so it doesn't get exploited at, but its still under decision. Maybe can be made as a donation option or something, or disallow it completely.
    I really don't like retail's donation model where some things can be obtained only through donate, and the fact you are crushed by the game if you don't pay either for NCCoins or adena sellers. The game is trully unplayable unless you pay... I'm not kidding... Its something I would have to consider when making the server - I don't want another "give us dollars to get what you should've had at that point in the game" server like retail.

6. Davi

Davi New Member

Like my friend Nightsroud said it can be given when you awake for 15-days (limited item) or add it for donation for just few $ 2-5 is fine i guess.
    As for the skills it would be also good to keep em. check photo.

[​IMG]

7. Nik

Nik Administrator
    Staff Member Admin

Last time I awakened in retail, I did not get such a thing. Anyway its something that have to be considered. I am clueless what to do with it at the moment.

8. Nightsroud

Nightsroud New Member

Well, there are many ideas as to how this item can be purchased ...Of course, I'm voting for being totally untradeable tbh ... Many ppl will abuse that to make items by selling it in huge prices ... And for the expiration date ... Yeh, it should have one ... If ppl want this, then they need to be sure and absolutely sure, before purchasing one in their soon-to-be-changed characters ...

9. Davi

Davi New Member

They gave Chaos Essence with the update with the 34 classes limited for 30 days. after this just on L2Store. anyways hope we see that. Cause for example i don't like dark elves as tank.

10. Nik

Nik Administrator
    Staff Member Admin

Well for now I don't think we even have support for it. In retail its possible certain class to have different racial stats/skills/traits/whatsoever and we have every class bound to its racial traits (HK can only have human stats, ST only dark elf stats). Whenever HK changes to ST in our server, he instantly gets ST's STR, DEX, CON... but in retail he keeps HK stats.

11. Davi

Davi New Member

Yes this need a fix if you gonna have the future! Thanks anyway :)